Monday, August 29, 2011

It Is All In Their Eyes!!!

Looking Eye's, Holding Hearts~~by Ethnographers

Can I look into your eyes?
Please open up so I can see
All that you could give to me
Please let me see and I can fly
If you let me look into your
Eyes, your eyes.

Can I hold on to your heart?
I promise I won't let it go
You were hurt before I know
Trust me and I'll show you love


And all I want
All I need
All I want
Is to love you
Is to love you

All I want is love
More love.
All I want is love
Your love.

Your love, your love

Can I look into your eyes?

And all I want
All I need
All I want
Is to love you
Is to love you
All I want
All I need
All I want
Is to survive you
Is to survive you


This morning I went down to a local park, set out my chair and picked up a book but my real reason to be there was to people watch. I love doing this; watching how people interface with each other and trying to guess what sort of emotions are passing between them. Especially the unspoken emotions.



When two people look into each others eyes they can see the love that they hold for each other displayed for their eyes only.  It is like their eye contact reflects what their heart is feeling. I can almost always tell when two people are showing an unspoken love through their eye contact.

Watch how people react to each other when they think they are alone. They are caught staring at each other when the other is not looking. When their eyes meet; a smile is always solicited. I will admit that, in some cases, it takes people time to realize what their eyes are telling them. A sort of 'Getting to know you period'. What our predecessors use to call 'courting'; an art, to our great loss, that has all but disappeared in the new generations that seem to put more value on sex than intimacy.

Yeppers you all got me!! I am old fashioned and sappy at times. I hate when we  throw out things that work for the sake of expediency. These days we jump in and out of marriage as often as we are buying new cars. I actually heard someone say that they had been married for 8 years and that was a good length of time for anyone to be with one person. That is a very scary statement to me.

All my grand parents we married over 50 years. I can remember one of my grand fathers, after a wonderful family Sunday dinner(another tradition that has virtually died out), telling all the gathered grand children about how he and my grandmother had met and how they courted. Dinners with each others families, long chaperoned walks together, church visits, street fairs and just sitting and talking.

I still can remember how they looked at each other. A look that displayed their love for everyone of us to see.  My grandfather, on his death bed, and looking up at my grandmother, had that same look in his eyes that I saw the night he told us their story. I have always been in awe and amazed by their love.

Soft and passionate kisses exchanged between two people can and do show love. But next time you see a couple out walking; look at how their eyes make contact. That is where their love will be put on display.

At that moment their eyes look into each others hearts and love is passed between wordlessly.

I know~~I am an admitted Sappy person. I will never apologize for it and I will never go to counseling to try and lose it.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment